Sunday, May 31, 2009

Renovation Realities, Part XXXLLLIII--is that even a number?


It was another long weekend at the Denler Estate.  This weekend's task was to tile the bathroom floor.  Seems simple, right?  My poor husband worked literally all night doing the tile Friday night--like, I got up at 7am to get Josie and he was two tiles away from being done, but had run out of thinset.  I will not begin to try to understand or explain what happened during my sleepy time.  Saturday while the mortar dried, Kevin slept mostly but after that we got out of the house for awhile.  Sunday we put a light coat of sealant on the tiles so the grout wouldn't stain them.  When it came time to grout Beau came over to help.  Perhaps it should have been a sign of things to come--Beau is the guy wearing the squirrel hat and our "expert" tile helper.  He's done this before.  Actually I kid, Beau is great and we really appreciate when he comes over.  Anyway, the grout was applied in about half an hour and then the four subsequent hours were spent cleaning the tiles.....wow.  Tomorrow we can buff of any remaining grout and then seal.  This is probably only interesting to me, but this has been the story of my weekend, so this is all I've got.  On an upnote, we didn't have to move out for the weekend, so being at home was handy.  Every time we get another big portion of the bathroom done I say to myself "the worst is over, it's all downhill from here".  But, this time I think that could be true.  After the floor is done, we need to tape, float, texture, prime and paint the walls.  Kevin will make the vanity tops  and then everything can be put into place..  Easy Peasy, right?


No comments: