Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pajamagrams and rain puddles

We finished up our soccer season tonight, Liv scored two goals so she was happy with her performance.  Next up--swimming lessons!  Liv's awards assembly for the third nine weeks was Wednesday so after we dropped Liv off at the carpool line, Josie and I parked the car and headed to the gym/cafeteria/auditorium to wait.  Josie made good use of her time with entertaining the growing crowd and as soon as she saw her Sissy--she let the audience know.  And, as honorary mascot of the Fish Friends class, she felt obligated to sit with Liv through the assembly.  That went well and my lap got a break.  

Reason number 832 that I love my kid--Wednesday night my mom was coming over to hang out and eat dinner with us since she was gonna be out of town for Mothers Day weekend.  I made a roast for the occasion and Liv wanted to bake a cake.  In an effort to impress the kid, I opted for a layer cake as opposed to my standard 9x13 pan.  Everything went well--even the egg separating of egg whites from yolks (Liv wanted a white cake).  Got the cake out of the oven at the perfect time but when it was time to ice the cake, things fell apart--literally.  The bottom layer split in half horizontally and at first I thought that was no biggie--easily hidden by icing.  I got the big can of icing--the one that advertises that it is enough to ice an entire layer cake.  The icing people are liars.  I put on the thinnest layer of icing available and by the time I got the sides I was scraping the bottom of the can.  At this point I know the cake looks horrible but I am comforted knowing that it will taste great.  Just then Olivia walks into the kitchen and proclaims that my cake looks "so great".  My heart almost exploded as I moved the cake into the dining room to be on display.  I have never been so proud of something from my kitchen!

My mom sent us a gift today, kinda for Mothers Day--I thought I was supposed to be giving her the gift, but Mom just can't resist sometimes and she loves surprises!  We got a pajamagram--Josie, Liv and I have matching pajamas.  Josie likes to say "same-same" and point at us all, getting a picture of the three of us was a feat as Josie was feeling busy so this is the best we could do right before bedtime.  I never thought I would be the mom that dressed in matching clothes with kids, but it is pretty sweet to be same same....and the decorative things the pajamas came in were even worth saving!  Thanks Mom....you're the best!

The rest of the pictures are just of the girls being silly.  They had a ton of fun splashing around outside--a special shout out to Dani who provided Josie's raincoat!  She loved the hat most of all and now that she knows wearing the coat=play in the rain, she attempts to put it on daily, rain or shine.

That's all for now, just one birthday party this weekend for Liv and other than that it should be another slow weekend for us...sounds good to me! 









No comments: