Monday, September 15, 2008

Josie wants to be a grownup and Liv plans a slumber party

So, nothing mayjuh going on, but all the day to day stuff seems bigger at the end of the day.  Josie is convinced that she is grown.  I can't feed her anymore--like she would rather skip a meal than have to be fed a meal.  She insists on brushing her teeth, and she won't get an argument from me on that one.  Maybe her dental hygiene will rub off on her sister soon.  Not holding my breath.  She likes to "work" on her daddy's work laptop.  At the park, she wants to do all the biggest slides.  She loves the trampoline, which is a new development and she much prefers drinking out of a straw rather than a baby ol' sippy cup.  Like I said, she thinks she is grown, at 17.5 months of age.

But speaking of grown--Liv is turning 6 on the 24th!!  This years party is a first for the Denler Estate--we will be hosting a slumber party.  Liv is inviting six of her friends and we are hoping for an evening free from injury or rain and full of fun and frivolity.  I am super motivated to make sure my house is presentable as possible--not that the 6 year old will notice, but I have this scenario I run in my head where the other moms will want to inspect my house to make sure leaving their kids with me is a good idea.  So, I am painting the last 3 interior doors that need paint, and I want to cover the portion of the bathroom that is mid-remodel and the kitchen wall that is still open after the "run water lines to the garage" project.  Kevin is building stairs so the trampoline is a little less hazardous.  And how crazy is this....because I don't want to send out 9 invites and assume only six will show up, only to be surprised that everyone comes or only send out 6 invites and three kids come....I have called 5 moms and gotten preconfirmations that their kids are coming.  My only mystery is Liv's new friend in her school class.  I started shopping for the goody bag stuff today, Liv and I will shop for some stuff next week, I'll bring cupcakes to school for her class.  I have recruited Kevin's dad to take the dog for night, my mom to take the baby for the evening and Danielle to be extra chaperone....love to see a plan come together.   

I always get so jazzed about Liv's birthday, that I forget mine is 5 days before hers.  Until Liv asked what kind of party I was gonna have, I hadn't thought about it.  My lady friends have planned a dinner for Wednesday night, and Kevin is planning a Friday family night and Saturday date night.  

Um, I think that's all that is going on around here.  I lost a day and half of exciting going-ons because the storm knocked out our electricity.  I'll keep everyone posted on how the birthday celebrations turn out....
  



No comments: