Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm living with a giraffe

I know what you're thinking--are you crazy? And believe me, I had the same reservations....where would it hang out in our tiny house, what would i feed it, could i give it a bath, what about bedtime, will the Denler Estate start to smell like a zoo? See, I've considered everything. As it turns out, living with a giraffe has been no problem. He's been here about a month without incident. I wish I had pictures to show you all, but I've never even seen him myself. Josie actually "hears" him first. Then she tells me where he is, and we go look for him. This guy is a hide and seek champ, because every time we get to his hiding spot he's gone. We spend lots of time listening to him rumble around the house. But, thankfully, he never makes a mess and hasn't increased my grocery bill a bit and the Denler Estate doesn't smell like the zoo. When I get Josie out of bed in the morning she normally tells me she slept with the giraffe, but he always manages to slip out before I get there....if anyone catches a glimpse of him, let me know and please send him home to meet the rest of the family!

So, other kids make up imaginary friends to play with, and my kid makes up an imaginary animal who never sticks around long enough to play with us. I love my silly girl...

No comments: