Friday, July 3, 2009

Liv says goodbye to first grade



Not sure how we got here, but I am officially the mother of a second grader. Actually got Liv's end of year report card in the mail today from the school board that has alerted me to her passage. This was a big year and I think that if I even tried to recap it this blog would turn into quite the novella. So, I won't. For my die hard blog readers, I started this blog last August right when Liv started school, so you could just dig through the archive. We had a great year-- learned to read, lost some teeth, loved our teacher like crazy, played a frog in the school play, and rocked the Honor Roll all year long. On the last day of school Liv had an awards ceremony, Red, White, and Blue Day, and her class party. I got to be really involved with her class this year without a pesky job in my way. Josie was the unofficial class mascot. I'm sure when I was in elementary school I had teachers that were also young and hip, but none that rewarded the classes accomplishments with things like headstands and cartwheels. Liv's teacher was even named Teacher of the Year. Anyway, I am so glad Liv got to spend a year with Ms. Phillips--she was the perfect choice for Liv.

Mrs. Greer--we'll see you in August for second grade!!

No comments: