Monday, June 8, 2009

Suncatching


I've been stockpiling crafty things to do for the summertime, but Sunday afternoon Liv was being so sweet that I broke the sun catchers out early. She wanted to hang out with me and she does love crafting. While she watched the end of Enchanted I got everything set up. In the beginning, we were just gonna paint the fish, and add those to the end of year teacher gift for Liv's teacher, but we had so much fun with fish that we painted flowers and butterflies, too. We had 12 glitter paints to work with and it was a lot of fun. I pretend that these things are to entertain Liv, but I was also highly entertained--same goes for the potholder kit Liv got for Easter. After painting them all, we set them on our table outside to dry and played Frisbee while we waited for that to happen. Our sun catchers are now adorning our living room window. This makes me ready for summer! We have lots more crafts to do--many to do with painting and making things....my mom would call me a Minnie--Mom, what movie is that from??

I hope these days are the ones that Liv remembers....



No comments: