Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Conversation Heart Fudge



I found a super easy recipe for fudge that the girls and I could make to attach to their Valentine's for their friends at school.  Pretty sure that I just strung together  four prepositional phrases--wow!  I'm a real genius at 9 am.  And I would go back and try to construct a better sentence, but Momma has things to do today and I need to get this baby hammered out so I can start my day.  Back to the recipe....all we had to do was microwave semisweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips (depending on which layer you're making) and sweetened condensed milk with a dash of salt.  Then we spread each layer in the pan, added the hearts and let it harden in the fridge for a couple of hours.  Voila--fudge!  I chopped it into squares, put them in a Valentine mini muffin cup and packaged it together with the girl's Valentines (Tinkerbell for Josie, and 3-D for Liv), and a coupon for a free doughnut.  They were super cute and the girls were excited to take them to school.  At first, I thought I had gone overboard. I mean, when I was little I was proud to take just the little paper Valentines, and that's what everyone else brought to school.  Now, as cute as my kids Valentines were, we were one of many families that attached candy or coloring books or bubbles.  So, I'm glad we went the extra mile and I had a ton of fun with my ladies!

No comments: