Friday, December 4, 2009

Forget I mentioned a Thanksgiving post, we're skipping straight to Christmas, baby!



Thanksgiving was had, but since I was hostessing I got distracted from my photo taking duties...and now it's December.

We actually had our Christmas tree before Thanksgiving, because our family didn't get together until Saturday and we got a smokin' Black Friday deal on a tree at Home Depot. We went with a Fraser Fir again this year--I like the short needles better than the long ones on a Douglas Fir. Anyway, as soon as most of the family cleared out on Saturday I got the decorations laid out. The kids (mine and my niece and nephew) went with Granny to see a decorated train downtown...which I still have little info about, but hey--at least it gave me a chance to get the lights, garland and balls on the tree before I let the kids loose on the ornaments. The kids had fun decorating, although they aren't great space planners yet. After I had the tree back to myself, I spread the ornaments out a little bit better. Also, I included a pic of our 'mantel'. Yea, I know it is just a shelf above the TV, but work with me here folks....anyway, this is where our stockings are hung with care. I'll work on getting a night time picture of our house because it is all lit up and a picture of the tree so you can see it lit up as well.

Dani is gonna take our family Christmas pics tomorrow, so hopefully there will be some funny outtakes to include here...but you'll have to wait until you get our Christmas card to see our official family photo for the year...

No comments: