Sunday, December 6, 2009

Family Christmas Pictures



I had high hopes for this year's family Christmas pictures (especially since this is the one time every year that we do family pictures). I thought surely this would be the year of having two cooperative children. Or at least I could bribe them with cupcakes in exchange for smiles. Wrong, for the most part. Liv did fine and was all for posing and staying in position just in case Josie accidentally smiled. In general these days Josie isn't up for anything that isn't her idea. So, if we wanted to stand by a bridge she didn't and asking her to smile was guaranteeing a frown. We waited until about 11 am to head to Norton Art Gallery. So, that means it had 'warmed up' to about 40 degrees. It was cold and jackets weren't optional. Luckily for me, the stress of positioning and cajoling everyone warmed me up. Dani did great (and I'm not even saying that because she'll read this) with tricking Josie into looking at her and creeping into position to snap pictures on the sly. Actually, she was a good sport for 'coming to town' so early and trekking out in the cold with us--so thanks Dan Dan (and Alan, who was supportive even if he didn't dress as a clown like I wanted for child entertainment)! In the end, we got a really great picture that will be on our card this year and several others that I love too...these are some of our outtakes. I especially like the bottom picture--Josie with her 'binoculars' on and me looking to the Heavens for some help...

1 comment:

Dani said...

Aw, golly, thanks Kate. Can't wait to get your Christmas card and see the fruit of my labor in print!