Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pumpkin Shine



I think, behind the revel, Pumpkin Shine is my favorite local community thing to do. It happens at Betty Virginia Park and there are about 1,000 lit and carved and painted pumpkins. Lots of the pumpkins are done by the kids at Southfield School--this year we saw lots of where the wild things are displays, and bumblebees are always popular. I liked the cloudy with a chance of meatballs setup, the monsters under the bed display and the pirate ship. We put the girls in their costumes because after the Shine we go with the Stewarts to their church's trunk or treat. This is your first look at my little bumblebee and candy corn witch. The pumpkins are set up around the path of the park so you just walk through but it is fun every year. This year was fun because I got to have a mini reunion with most of my lady friends (sorry we missed you Candance). My family, and Teddy, Alan, and Logan, and Kristen and baby Lillian, and Dani, and my mom all walked the park together.

I'm gonna try to wrap up my Halloween posts tomorrow with trick or treating...then we move on to the Fair!






No comments: