Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way Home from the Ballpark

So, Thursday night Liv and I went to see her cousins Cole and Jordan play baseball and softball.  I knew there was a storm acomin' but my trusty friends at weather.com told me in their hour by hour report that it wouldn't be here until after 11pm.  This was plenty of time to watch ballgames and get home and also I thought that this was a just a Spring thunderstorm.  Wrong.  "This" was actually a tornado and it was moving faster than the good folks at weather.com good keep up with, apparently.  Around 9:30 they called the ballgames due to lightning, and even though this should have been warning enough to head home, I felt led to go to McD's on the way home for a quick dinner.  My brother-in-law Rick and his son Cole came with us.  About 2/3 through my cheeseburger, the employees begin shrieking and running to lock the doors.  They heard a weather report that the tornado was just miles away and headed in our direction.  This confirmed minutes later by the deluge of rain, hail, and wind.  Sadly, I was forced to abandon unfinished cheeseburger and go with my family and the restaurant employees to the men's bathroom to weather the storm.  I have this general idea that nothing really bad will happen to me (knock on wood, right?) so I was keeping it comical whilst trying to focus not too much attention on the urinal.  I snapped a quick picture of the family en route to men's bathroom--Liv is her mother's child!

The other picture is of Josie and her new fave activity--mothering.  She gets all of her favorite dolls, and stuffed animals, and Kenzie together on the couch and covers them with blankets to tuck them in for naps.  It's pretty sweet.  Josie's cheeks are stuffed with candy, which is why she looks a little bit like a squirrel.

No comments: