Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Denlers Dye Eggs

I really gotta put a little more forethought into the order I upload these pics.  Now, you're looking at the final product and not seeing the process and I don't feel like redoing them, so here they are!  Anyway, Friday was the big day for dying eggs.  Liv and I look forward to this from the time we buy our kit every year until we do it.  This year we went with the glitter eggs and also got a set of egg paint markers.  Josie was joining in on the fun for the first time in her life.  We moved the event outside so I wouldn't be as worried about a mess.  Kevin came home early from work to help us out and even Ryleigh got here just in time to help.  Josie just played with the water mostly and wanted to use the egg spoon thing to stir.  Liv picked out the egg colors and used the white crayon to add polka dots.  After the eggs were dry Liv and Ry took turns glittering up the eggs--an impressive sight.  But these were only batch one of the eggs to be dyed.  Saturday while Josie was napping Liv and I boiled up a second dozen to big girl decorating.  We got fancy on these eggs--for example, we made grass and sky eggs by holding egg halves in green and blue water.  Then we used our paint to add suns and flowers.  Other eggs were polka dotted, I made a family egg with our name on it and stick figures of the whole family, and Liv made an egg that says "I love my mom".  Precious girl!  All in all, fun was had by all...except when we all had to scrub out fingers to the bone to get the dye off!





No comments: