Sunday, November 2, 2008

Who doesn't love feeding giraffes?




It's State Fair time here in the Port City.  Now, I hate the Fair--by the time you pay to park and walk in with your family you've spent $50.  Then there are rickety old rides you pay more money to ride and ridiculously priced, over processed food and don't even get me started on the carnies.  The Fair's only redeeming quality is the zoo.  And the fact that the day we went we lucked out and parked for free and got in for free.  This was Josie's first time to be at the Fair and she loved the tigers and camels and zebras and goats--all animals she has seen in books at home.  Liv mostly tolerated the animals because she knew she had to before it was time to ride anything.  The carrot sticks were a dollar a bag.  I bought 9 bags.  No, seriously, I bought nine bags. Excessive I know, but giraffes are crazy looking animals, especially when you get to look at them up close.  Just look how excited I am to have my hand in that giraffe's mouth.  Josie was mostly confused but thought it was funny to be sniffed by the huge "dog".  The giraffe is not pictured in our books at home.  Liv was hilarious b/c she thought the giraffe tongue was long enough and strong enough to rip her arm off.  She and the giraffe came to an understanding and she did have fun with the carrots.  I had a cup of tea and the giraffe also helped himself to that.  I could only drag the giraffe visit out for so long, so eventually we left and Josie watched her sister ride all the rides with Jack.  I should have said at the beginning that we had dates for the Fair--we went with Candance and Baby Jack (who really can't be called Baby Jack for too much longer since at 3 y/o he outweighs Liv).  Anyway, we did the rides and fed the kids everything the Fair offered and by then everyone was worn out, so we went home.  And, that's all I have to say about that...

No comments: