Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Froggy Day in Lindentown



Tonight was Liv's 1st grade play (see blog title) and she was the finest pollywog I have I ever seen portrayed in all of the theater.  Her song, Polly Woggle Doodle is sure to be a classic.  But seriously, it was super cute and I loved Liv's costume.  I found out last night that she was supposed to be in all green rather than a white shirt and overalls like the other kids.  I got lucky at Target and found the shirt, pants, little frogs and green headband (which had antlers when I bought it).  Josie and I rounded out the shopping today at Hobby Lobby and then my mom crafted the headband with us this afternoon.  Liv and her fellow first graders have been working on the play for almost two months so she was super excited to finally perform.  She had quite a Denler audience--Granny, Aunt Jodie, Cole, and Jordan, and of course her Denler housemates.  Even Black Judy made it--and supplied our flowers for the evening.  Afterwards, I told Liv she could choose anywhere for dinner and out of that the city offers, she chooses Chik-Fil-A.  Yum!  We're still working on getting the face paint off....

Also, I meant to post a blog about Liv's Honor Roll assembly....but it has been almost two weeks ago and I am over that motivation.   But she did make the Honor Roll and also got awards for perfect attendance and getting an A in conduct.  I am so proud of her!!


No comments: