Monday, November 3, 2008

Liv opens a savings account!!

So, my kid is a miser--always has been.  I can only remember one time when Olivia has spent her own money and not cried afterwards when she realizes she would rather still have her cash than that piece of crap toy she bought.  I have been telling her that when she gets to $100, I would take her to the bank and she can have her very own account.  This appeals to Liv's "I'm way more grown up than my six year old birth date suggests" sense of self.  She met her goal last weekend, so today we had a date with Chase.  Liv was really excited to tell all the kids at YEP that she was bank bound.  They didn't care but Liv didn't even notice.  She counted her money about 28 times on the way there, to make sure her money wasn't evaporating.  She gave Wesley, her personal banker, all of her own personal information.  And in 15 short minutes Liv became an account holder.  


No comments: