Thursday, September 16, 2010

Labor Day

The first question I asked when I scheduled my surgery was "Am I going to feel well enough to have a BBQ at my house for Labor Day?".  I'm pretty sure I overdid it those first few days after surgery, as evidenced by the break from walking that I had to take while walking the mall in search of a gift or the crazy pain that didn't show up until 5 days after the surgery.  But I had things to do and no pesky surgery was gonna be cramping my style.  First item of business was Ryleigh's 9th birthday party.  She had an Alice in Wonderland themed party complete with tea and croquet.  The girls had fun and I got hang out with a lot of my friends, too.  Monday was the BBQ, and I cleaned all day to be ready, while Kevin grocery shopped and cut the grass.  We had 25 or so people come over, mostly work pals.  Everyone brought something and fun was had by all.  A great weekend, all things considered.  And of course, missing from all pics is me...but trust me, I was looking HOT!!  

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Why did I think that Ry turned 9 and not 8? Super cute party theme!

Unknown said...

Ugh--you are right!! Olivia is turning 8...updating now! Good looking out...

Ree said...

Gurl, Yo Momma is waiting for more posts...I really do read this stuff.
Mom