Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm an organ down...

Not a lot of time here today, as we are preparing for a Labor Day BBQ.  But, I did want to update you on my surgery.  More of a 'hey, I had surgery' than an update really.  I had had some mystery stomach issue for years, wherein I felt like I was dying.  It was finally determined that my gallbladder was the culprit.  I had it removed last Thursday, and have been on the mend since.  Liv made me promise not to show any pictures of my cut up stomach region, so I won't.  There are four incisions, all about an inch long.  All in all, the recovery has been ok.  The incisions don't hurt at all.  My guts feel like they were on the losing end of a boxing match, so thank goodness for a little pain medication!  I'll be back at work on Tuesday, consuming no fat while my body learns to digest without the ol' gallbladder...fun times! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Take care of yourself and get well soon.

Sherrill